CLICK HERE to view the Fall 2022 (September 2022 to December 2022) Program Guide Version 4 (PDF file), updated on September 2 2022.
CLICK HERE to receive a copy of the latest program guide (PDF file) via email.
CLICK HERE to view the list of upcoming SWESA programs in MyActiveCenter. This list can be viewed by SWESA members and non-members. You do not have to log in to MyActiveCentre to view the list.
CLICK HERE to view more information about the SWESA Activity Pass, for SWESA members only.
For more information about upcoming programs and changes to our programming, please view the latest SWESA Weekly Bulletin. CLICK HERE to view a list of our recent bulletins.
Information for our Fall 2022 Programs (posted on August 23, 2022)
On-line registration for Fall 2022 programs begins on Friday August 26, 2022.
Priority registration is given to members who enroll in a session. Drop-ins and partial registration are no longer accepted. Registration is only confirmed once payment is received. Sign up early to avoid program cancellation due to low enrollment or to avoid disappointment as some classes fill up quickly.
To Register Online: Program and activity registration including credit card payment online, can be done through MyActiveCenter. Please CLICK HERE to register. You must be a valid SWESA member and/or Reciprocal member with a SWESA key tag to register online. For instructions for using MyActiveCenter to register, please see our General Program Information page.
To Register in Person: Visit SWESA Administration Office at Blue Quill Community Centre to register starting on Thursday September 1 2022. You will be asked to pay in person. Debit and Credit are the preferred methods of payment. Cash or Cheque made payable to SWESA are accepted. Please note: BQCC Admin Office is closed from Monday August 29 2022 to Wednesday August 31. The office will re-open on Thursday September 1 2022.
To Register by Phone: You can register by calling 780-860-2856. Please have your credit card information ready.
Registration for all programs is confirmed only once payment is received.
Early this year SWESA was successful in receiving a grant from the Edmonton Community Foundation, this grant has allowed us to explore new ways of offering programming in a manner that reassures seniors and staff of a safe environment. Part of the grant was devoted to bringing Hybrid Fitness Classes to SWESA members. The definition of a Hybrid Fitness Class is where participants are online and in person in the same class at the same time. Some of the many benefits to participating in a Hybrid Class are listed below:
- Provides options for members – If you are not comfortable yet with coming to the center for a class, you could participate virtually in the safety of your home.
- If the weather were bad in the winter, you could safely participate at home and not have to brave the cold.
- If you are a snowbird, (Post COVID-19 of course) you could participate virtually in your favorite classes and keep connected with your friends while you are away.
- Running late and don’t have time to drive to the center, it’s ok, you could just log in and still be able to participate in your class virtually.
If you have questions about the Hybrid classes call April at 780- 860-2856.
If you are not already familiar with Zoom, here are some resources to get you started:
- CLICK HERE to view an introductory 5-minute YouTube video that shows you how to join a zoom meeting using information that you have received in an email message.
- CLICK HERE to view a more advanced YouTube video, 30 minutes, that has more information including how to set up your own Zoom meeting using a free or paid Zoom account.
- CLICK HERE to view a handout for the Zoom Introduction class presented to SWESA members earlier this year.
- CLICK HERE to view a file that tells you how to connect your device (laptop, phone, etc.) to your TV for easier viewing.
CLICK HERE to view our Contact Us page which lists our programming locations, office location, and office hours.
If you have suggestions for programs that you would like to see as part of SWESA, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org